Pages

Saturday, 23 January 2016

MY HUSBAND MARRIED ME BECAUSE OF MY FOOD – MRS ALAMIEYESEIGHA



MY HUSBAND MARRIED ME BECAUSE OF MY FOOD – MRS ALAMIEYESEIGHA

Every woman is fabulous and beautiful in her unique way and High Chief (Mrs) Nice Aleruchi Toubolayefa Alamieyeseigha Nee Amadiwochi (Ugonwanyi 1 of Ipu south Autonomous Kingdom, Abia State) is one of such. She is a great woman with so much Godliness and kindness deposited in her. She is the founder and initiator of Nice Esther Alamieyeseigha Rescue Initiative (NEARI). She is determined to change lives and she’s stopping at nothing to fulfill this burning desire in her which she said is her own way of living. She is modeling after Queen Esther in the Scriptures. In this pleasant moment with IMAOBONG CLETUS, the Ugonwanyi 1 gives an insight of who she really is. Excerpts:

We’ve had few women say words like “I wish I were a man”. Some even went as far as putting it in a song. Do you regret being a woman?
I don’t ever regret my gender. I love the woman that I am. I’d love to be a woman over and over again, even in my next world. And the reason is because I want to be cared for all my life. I love the attention given to me as a woman. It feels good knowing that there’s a man out there looking out for me, catering for my well-be­ing. Now, why would I want to leave that to be a man? No way (Laughs...)
Let us stroll into your world. Give us a close up of yourself

Wow! I would love to take you there. I am High Chief Mrs Nice Alamieyeseigha. I am from Isiok­po in Rivers State and I’m married to the famous Alamieyeseigha fam­ily in southern Ijaw in Bayelsa State. I’m the second child of my parents; I am a wife and a mother of four. I had my first degree, a Bsc in Com­puter Science from the Rivers State University of Science and Technol­ogy. I am the founder and initiator of NEARI which is an NGO built on faith. It’s a non-profit making organization and our beneficiaries are widows, orphans, teenage mothers, physically and mentally challenged and the aged. I am a humble person, friendly and God-fearing woman and my every day and every move is geared towards making others hap­py. This is my life and I’m happy liv­ing it this way.
What motivated this passion for charity; was it your upbringing?
I’ve heard about people that give be­cause they know what it feels like to have nothing. I am not in that cat­egory. Giving, to me, is an innate attribute. I was born with it. I also grew up seeing my mum as a giv­er and my dad won’t stop support­ing her own foundation. I said to myself, this could be me and my husband someday also helping the needy. I picked those traits from them and it’s been an awesome sto­ry so far. So, basically, it’s not about what I’ve been through in life that gave me the idea to do what I’m do­ing. Growing up as a little girl was very eventful for me. From an av­erage family, I had the best and I was showed extreme love from my parents and above all, we were thought to wor­ship and adore God. What I enjoyed while growing up was the high morals and the level of education my parents obliged me. To­day, I am fulfilling pur­pose. I won’t say what I’m doing is as a result of what I’ve been through in life. Giving is just my passion. It’s my brainchild, it makes me happy seeing those kids go to school on my account; some gained scholarship too. We’ve built houses for widows, gave health and relief materials and lots more. We’ve had challenges but we’ve sustained it because of the passion involved. Life as we know is all about charity. But it takes special people to take it to the next level and that’s what I’m doing. I will say all women should do more of charity than gossip and hate. It doesn’t matter how small a life you impact.
How do you marry both the NGO and your home respon­sibilities?
Oh, my husband? He’s been so sup­portive. He’s been the one support­ing all in the last five years. And my kids are so blessed with understand­ing what mummy is into. My mar­riage has been founded on love. So, everything is easy for me. It’s not a perfect marriage but I’ll say patience and understanding have brought me this far. Considering the nature of my job, stability is not a yes, yes, for me at home. One moment I can just get a call to leave the country or the state and it takes a family with so much trust and love to let me do what I do. From my end, I just try to make do with every little time I have to put the home front in order and make things work. But he un­derstands that this is what I’ve got to do. I manage both very well by the grace of God.
You are from Riv­ers and your husband is an Ijaw man. One would have expected a chieftaincy title from either of these states. Why Abia?
What I’m into has earned me a whole lot on merit. I have an out­let in Ipu South Autonomous Com­munity. So, the paramount ruler of Ipu South Autonomous Kingdom thought it wise to honour me after due consultation with his Council of Chiefs. And based on what I’ve done for the poor in that commu­nity, they felt I’ve been able to attain a height. So, they decided to hon­our me. You and I know that the Ibos value their chieftaincy titles a lot. They don’t give it out anyhow but mine was just something that I earned and his Royal Majesty Eze King Ukanna conferred the honour on me. Usually, kings are coronated during their anniversaries. I’m glad to say I’m the first woman in that palace, in the history of his corona­tion. I’m amidst twenty nine men. So, it’s an honour.
Being crowned a chief comes with some rituals that may not be Biblical and you sound like a Christian. Do you think its right getting involved with such?
God is the custodian of powers. All by him­self, He gave it to me. I was nominated by an evangelist that owns a church there. It’s just an honour and it had nothing to do with the regular rituals. I didn’t buy the throne or the ti­tle. I had every op­portunity to reject it but my husband encouraged me to go for it. We had a meeting over it and he found out that the man in question is a man of God. So I took it.
There was a conjecture that you are doing all this goodwill because you are considering politics in the future. Is it true?
I don’t have any political ambition. I’m doing what I’m doing for the love of it. I don’t have an eye for any political position, I’m not even a politician. People always assume things based on what they think out. I’m sure they are speculating that because of the family I’m mar­ried into.
What’s your ‘university of mar­riage’ experience?
I got married at a tender age when I didn’t even know what marriage was all about. And at that time, the Alamieyeseigha’s family was in power. So, people assumed I was getting into the union for fame and name. But no. We were truly in love and it grew stronger each day till date. We’ve had our ups and downs, but in all, I look at the person I’m married to, his qualities and his love for me, that’s my strength and it has kept me going. He’s an honest per­son and he sacrifices a lot for the people around him including me,. That alone is my sure bet on the love. It took a lot of time and hard work to get to this point that we are today. There are times when it gets so sweet like it was your first date and there are also worst moments that you wish never came. But in all, we’ve never stopped believing in each other.
What is your coded relaxation day routine?
It’s good to look good and beauti­ful. I go to the gym and then to the SPA. I take out time to relax and eat good because I also love to cook. My husband proposed to me because of my food and because I’m a fam­ily person. He loves it when I cook and serve him and I still do that. I’m just an ideal woman. I know how to keep things in order, including my home. I’m a lesson teacher to my kids, a wife to my husband and I can do everything including driv­ing my husband when the driver is not around. I’m not too busy for that. I’m a moving train. All is fun and relaxation to me.
Your final word to all women
Women should not judge one an­other. We are agents of peace. We are supposed to bear one anoth­er’s burden. Let’s change the world and make it a better place to live in. Let all women imbibe the culture of charity. It shouldn’t just end at your home front. Take it out to the streets and let people feel your im­pact while you are still here. Love and fear God so that we can set a new generation and standard for the generations ahead of us.

INTERVIEW WAS CONDUCTED BY;
IMAOBONG CLETUS On  23/01/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment